Slide toggle

TIME CODE ISSUE (FCPXML to SRT)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Oscar
    Participant

Hi,

I wrote to this forum a couple of weeks ago but it seems with the site change old threads (and accounts) have disappeared.

Anyway, I was writing because I’ve tried the online SubSimple program to convert a FCPXML 1.5 to .SRT and it seemed to work, except that all titles on the .srt have as a starting timecode the same one: 01:00:00,000.

Any idea of what may be the problem? Any clue for its solution?

Thank you, best regards,

Oscar.

Francis
    Keymaster

Hi!

We’ve moved the SubSimple app to Resolver.tools. Sorry for the deleted forum thread.

I’m not sure what’s causing your FCPXML to SRT conversion to repeat a 01:00:00,000 timecode.

What’s your FCPX timeline framerate? Did you try duplicating your timeline and erasing all other content before converting to SRT with SubSimple?

Oscar
    Participant

Hi Francis,

Thanks for your reply.

Frame rate is 25. I’ve tried what you suggested but it didn’t work.

I’ve also tried a very basic test: I created a new timeline, randomly dropped 4 or 5 basic titles on it at different points, then exported that sequence as fcpxml and processed it through SubSimple. The result was the same: an .srt file with all the titles sharing the same starting time code 01:00:00,000.

Am I missing something?

Thank you again, best regards,

Oscar.

Francis
    Keymaster

That’s bizarre. My only other suggestion would be to try and export as a fcpxml v1.5 or 1.6. If it’s still problematic, please send me your test fcpxml to see if I can debug your workflow. Thanks!

Joe Hermann
    Participant

Hi,
    I’m experiencing the same issue that Oscar.
    When I’m looking closer to the fcpxml I see that the start tag is for all subtitles at “1s”.
    FCPX is using the offset tag to define the moment when the subtitle has to appear “xxxxxxx/25s”. This offset refers to the start of the movie which is of course always the same. Therefor the start tag is for all subtitles at “1s”
    FCPX uses the duration tag to define the moment when the subtitle has to disappear. It refers to the offset tag.
    So what I have now in the generated srt is a subtitles list where all the INs are at 1,00 and the OUTs are displaying the duration value + 1,00. In other words the generation of the OUT values are working, but not the generation of the IN values.
    Is there a workaround? Or is it a bug? Can you fix it?
    Thanks, Joe

Oscar
    Participant

Hi,

Thank you Francis, I was already exporting as FCPXML 1.5 (my version of FCPX doesn’t allow 1.6). I could send you my test. Where to? The contact email info@resolver.tools will do?

Joe, thanks for your contribution, I think we’re having exactly the same issue, you described it with much more detail.

Best regards,

Oscar.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘SubSimple Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.
show